Advertising Age: Aegis Media Americas CEO David Verklin challenged panelists at the AAAA Media Conference and Trade Show on whether the divide between digital and traditional media was a cause for organizational friction at media properties.
Subtext for: Media industry and all advertising is in the shit, but let's talk about it some more rather than do anything to fix it!
I don't know how many more of these joke conferences I can take!
I understand that people need to get away from the office for a bit, but instead of all these rubbish topics, can't we start making topics like:
- "If Verklin and Hendra did have a punch up, who would have won?"
- "Let's take some Lipitor and then row a boat to see what happens"
- "Do blogs really kill people?"
- "Poll: Will Nielsen ever get their act together?"
- "When will the bullshit stop?"
Imagine the great debates that would occur if we had conferences like this??
George- do you think we can host these topics at your conference?