Monday, October 29, 2007

Finally some real statistics on WOM

AdAge
More than 60% of consumers now look for user-generated product reviews online, according to a new survey by Deloitte Consulting. The poll also found a third of respondents were motivated by recent product recalls to pay greater attention to descriptions and warnings on packaging and 18% were motivated for the same reason to seek out information online.

Digestif reveals some truth to the matter
I just asked a rep about this today. I'm continually seeing stats which say 98% of users find user reviews and WOM helpful in their purchases. This is great, but it really only tells me what I already know. I missing the initial step of the break down of the total population looking for online reviews.
So thank you Deloitte. I can tick that off my list.

No comments: